Pages



2.26.2017

Oscar Predictions

It's t-minus two and a half hours until showtime and I finally have my predictions locked in. I know it's a little late in the game, but Oscars Sunday happens to fall on moving weekend for us and I'll be unpacking and painting right up until the big show. All that to say, here are my 24 picks for the night:

BEST PICTURE - La La Land

ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE - Casey Affleck, Manchester by the Sea

ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE - Mahershala Ali, Moonlight

ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE - Emma Stone, La La Land

ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE - Viola Davis, Fences

ANIMATED FEATURE FILM - Zootopia

CINEMATOGRAPHY - La La Land

COSTUME DESIGN - Jackie

DIRECTING - Damien Chazelle, La La Land

DOCUMENTARY (FEATURE) - O.J.: Made in America

DOCUMENTARY (SHORT SUBJECT) - The White Helmets

FILM EDITING - La La Land

FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM - The Salesman 

MAKEUP AND HAIRSTYLING - Star Trek Beyond

MUSIC (ORIGINAL SCORE) - La La Land

MUSIC (ORIGINAL SONG) - "City of Stars," La La Land

PRODUCTION DESIGN - La La Land

ANIMATED SHORT FILM - Piper

SOUND EDITING - Hacksaw Ridge

SOUND MIXING - La La Land

VISUAL EFFECTS -  The Jungle Book

WRITING (ADAPTED SCREENPLAY) - Moonlight

WRITING (ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY) - Manchester by the Sea


These aren't necessarily my picks for who I want to win, but is based on tracking how these actors and movies have performed at other awards shows, who the Academy has historically chosen, and what other critics are saying. 

If I'm correct in predicting the winners I could win a 3 day trip to LA for next year's Oscars. You can play too by entering your predictions here: http://challenge.oscar.com/ballot

Enjoy the show tonight! I'm covered in paint and surrounding by moving boxes, but I'm sure I will too. 


No comments :

Post a Comment