Pages



2.15.2017

Blogging: A Reintroduction

It's been a while since I've sat down to write for pleasure, so I'm reacquainting myself with the process. I'm also shifting gears a bit and focusing on some specific topics on the blog (SPOILER I'm going to write primarily about film and television). Check out my About Me page to learn more. 

With that being said, I have been on a mission these last few months to watch as many Oscar nominated films as possible before the big ceremony. And boy let me tell you, it is a commitment. A friend of mine once told me "The Oscars are my Superbowl." And I haven't been able to get that out of my head ever since I took on the task of trying to watch all of these movies and documentaries! 

But after religiously reading all of the predictions, tracking other award shows, going to movies, (mostly by myself because not many people are as weird as I am, or have the time for that matter) and writing about them, I think I'm ready to share some thoughts. The Oscars are 10 days away and all I keep thinking is, "This is it." "This is what you've been training for!"

No matter your view on awards ceremonies in general, and the Oscars in particular, there is usually something for everyone in the best picture lineup, so I am going to count down the next week and a half with my personal favorites (and why). I'll be sharing my predictions and even if I totally bomb and don't get a single guess right there's at least one good thing that came from this experience: going to a movie by yourself with a tub of popcorn in one arm and a cherry Icee in the other is not a bad way to spend an afternoon.

I have a ton of other updates to share about my life in general, and especially 2016, (which was the year from hell for me and my family) but for now you'll have to endure my ramblings about how La La Land is not the best film this year, (that's right I said it!) and how Casey Affleck's performance in Manchester by the Sea was all together depressing and how that's a good thing. So stay tuned! 

Here's a picture of my dog Max when he was a puppy just to keep you somewhat engaged. Hopefully you'll come back. If you don't do it for me, do it for him. There's just too much cuteness here not to share it with the world. 





No comments :

Post a Comment