Pages



2.24.2015

My Favorite Oscars Moments and My Mini Oscars Party

It hasn't been until the last couple of years that I've watched award shows. And since I'm a newbie to the world of award shows and ceremonies it wasn't until recently that I realized that people actually throw Oscar watching parties (any excuse to throw a party is cool with me).

I decided to throw a mini Oscar watching party myself and invited some of my favorite people. Sadly my husband is NOT a fan of award shows so he made himself scarce, but my adorable friends, Cassie and Rachael joined me for some snacks, fashion critiquing, and a few laughs (no thanks to Neil Patrick Harris) It was pretty fantastic. 

Here are my favorite moments from the Oscars this year and my attempt at a viewing party...



That moment when Melanie Griffith and daughter, Dakota Johnson almost had it out over the fact that Melanie said she wouldn't be seeing 50 Shades of Grey... pretty awkward.

That moment when Reese Witherspoon wore this dress (Tom Ford)



That moment when J.K. Simmons scolded everyone in his acceptance speech for not calling their moms.

That moment when Anna Kendrick wore this dress (Thakoon) -- Definitely my favorite overall look of the night!



That moment when John Travolta tried to recover from last year's embarrassing Oscars moment by creating yet another awkward scene. Maybe take a break from The Oscars next year, John. 

That moment I made THIS browned butter, rosemary, and lemon popcorn recipe. It was a hit.



That moment when Lady Gaga gave a breathtaking performance and tribute to Julie Andrews. I knew she had it in her.

That moment when Rosamund Pike wore this dress (Givenchy)



That moment when Mexico native, Alejandro González Iñárritu won best director for Birdman. This is the second year in a row that a Mexican has won best director. I'm pretty psyched about that.

That moment when I broke out my fancy dishes and cheeses for some snacking bliss.... yum. 




That moment when Zoe Saldana wore this stunning Versace gown (just three months after having a baby!)



Maybe next year I will step up my game and go all out with a big party.

What were your favorite (or least favorite) moments from The Oscars this year? Do you have any Oscars viewing party tips to share?


No comments :

Post a Comment