Pages



2.20.2015

Media Roundup: 5 Things Successful People Do, Oscar-Inspired Cocktails, and More




It's the end of a short week, but I feel like I barely made it across the finish line. Maybe it's a lack of sleep or the grey clouds rolling in yesterday or both, but I made it! I came across some great content on the Web this week that either made me laugh, inspired me to do something new, or helped me to see something from a different perspective. I hope something here catches your eye too! 

1. "Feel" Your Way to Motivation

I don't know about you, but sometimes it seems like no matter how organized my week is or how much coffee I drink I just cannot find the motivation to do everything that needs to get done. Here's an interesting thought: take your emotions into account more. According to this article we can find the motivation we need to be more productive if we realize how powerful our feelings can be.

With some scientific studies to back it up, these tips to avoid procrastination might be the boost you need for greater motivation. Sounds simple enough. Now if I could only figure out what it is that I'm feeling half the time I'd be good.

2. Films to Fuel your Wanderlust

If you love film and travel as much as me, you will love this article! There are a ton of great movies to look forward to this year, but why not let your movie watching experiences inspire a trip or two?!

From the French Alps to coastal cities in Japan, there are some great destination ideas here for anyone who has "have more adventures" on their list of things to do. Even if you don't have the budget for an extravagant trip like the ones mentioned here you can at least keep an eye out for some of these great films set to release this year. A chase thriller featuring Anthony Hopkins and Sir Ben Kingsley? Yes please!

3. 5 Things Successful People Do to End Their Days Right

Do you have an end-of-day ritual? I don't. This article made me re-think my whole life. Well, maybe not anything that drastic, but it turns out that actually giving the end of your day as much thought as the beginning can help you be more healthy and productive.

4. Celebrity-Inspired Cocktails for your Oscar Viewing Party

I'm planning a small Oscar viewing party this weekend so I was pretty pumped when I came across this article with some fun drink ideas inspired by some very interesting celebrities. 

Check it out and mix away!

5.  Ingrid Michaelson's hilariously adorable new music video: Time Machine

Huge props to Ingrid Michaelson on her amazing new music video that was released this week. I was pleasantly surprised by her creative use of cameos and the song's not half bad either. I'm using it as an anthem of sorts to kick off my weekend. 

Do yourself a favor and take a 5 minute break to watch this video.

What jumps out at you from this week's media roundup? I want to hear about it in the comments below!

No comments :

Post a Comment