Pages



10.21.2014

Opting for Adventure

The end of September marked five years since my family and I made the 35 hour trek in our PT Cruiser to move me to the Pacific Northwest. September also marks five years since my husband and I got together. 

The week I moved to Seattle was a whirlwind. Besides moving across the country, I was trying to adapt to college life and meet new people. Everyday was exhausting!

Hello college and a brand new life!
The night JD asked me to be his girlfriend he took me to his favorite coffee shop, Zoka, where he sat me down and pretty much told me that he had come to the realization that he was in love with me. I was in shock to say the least. My husband was and is a passionate guy. It's part of what I love about him. Not many guys would tell a girl that he loves her on the first date. 

Life continued to be crazy that year. I threw myself into my school work, while dating a guy who was finishing up college when I was just starting. I was also bouncing back and forth between San Antonio and Seattle and feeling homesick. A lot. 

It felt scary moving away from friends and family to try to brave college on my own. It was really hard at times and there were days I wanted to catch the first flight home and leave the rainy weather behind me. But it was one of the best decisions I've ever made, and I'm so glad I opted for the adventure instead of comfort.


Mine and JD's first picture together back when he wore earrings more often than I did

No comments :

Post a Comment