Pages



12.05.2014

Puppy Fever: It's On

I have been wanting a puppy for a couple of years now. Each time JD and I talked about it there was always a reason to hold off: not enough money, not enough time, too much responsibility. Yadda yadda yadda. 

I've always tried to convince my reasonable husband that NOW is the perfect time, but I heeded his wisdom and I'm glad I did because I am realizing during this whole process how much money, time, and energy a puppy requires (and we don't even have one yet!)

But the time has come my friends. We are getting a puppy. And not just any puppy... a Christmas puppy! There aren't many things more exciting than a Christmas puppy. My wonderful parents are contributing to the expenses as a Christmas gift. They are the best.

After being set on getting a Shiba Inu for the longest time we decided that because of their heavy coat and temperament, they wouldn't be a good fit for us, so after much research and consideration we settled on a Goldendoodle.

I never imagined I would own a poodle, not even a poodle crossbreed because poodles have always carried this stereotype in my mind as being high maintenance and only owned by millionaires. Turns out I was wrong. They are incredibly smart, easy to train, and have pretty easy going personalities. Combine that with the sweet and loyal temperament of the Golden Retriever and you have a match made in doggy heaven.

We are so excited to welcome this little pup to our family. The verdict is still out on a name, but I'm sure once we meet him it will be easier to decide. The breeder we chose is a fantastic family that lives just outside of Salem Oregon. I would recommend them to anyone considering a puppy. They have been fantastic to work with. I will post updates as we welcome him to the family and I'm sure I'll have some great trial and error stories as I've heard the puppy stage is fun but challenging.

Here are a couple of pictures of our sweet little Christmas gift courtesy of Highland Valley Doodles. The pictures range from him at about 1.5 weeks to him at nearly 5 weeks. They grow so fast! Something I'm not looking forward to...






No comments :

Post a Comment