Pages



10.15.2017

Food and Film: Aliens and Green Cocktails

In my continued quest to watch 16 classic films over 6 months, I have to say that the Alien trilogy has been the most fun. Maybe it's because I watched them with my husband and he loves them, or it's because Ripley is one of the most badass female protagonist's I've ever seen on screen, or because I was drinking while watching them, but no matter the reason I can see how these films set a precedent for what was to come in the world of Sci-fi cinema.

Aliens is without question the best of the three, which seems to be the consensus across the board. I did grit my teeth through most of the third movie and probably won't give two precious hours of my life to Alien Resurrection (the fourth installment), but hey, you have to give it to Ridley Scott and especially James Cameron for kicking off such a legendary franchise.

To help me get through the painful dialogue and nearly absent story of the third Alien movie, I mixed up a little cocktail inspired by the green(ish) antagonists throughout the films. It turned out to be pretty tasty, so I'm sharing it here. Enjoy this Matcha Lemon Drop cocktail, and if you have to chose one of the Alien movies to watch while your sipping away at this delicious drink, go for the second one!

*Makes one cocktail

INGREDIENTS

Matcha-Sugar Rim
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon matcha powder

Honey Simple Syrup
1/2 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Honey

Matcha Honey Lemon Drop
3/4 Ounces Honey Simple Syrup
3/4 Ounces Fresh Lemon Juice
1/4 Teaspoon Matcha Powder
2 Ounces Vodka
Ice
Lemon Slice for Garnish

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Combine the sugar and matcha on a small plate. Rim the edge of the glass with a lemon wedge and dip into the sugar/matcha mixture. Set aside.



2. Combine the honey and water in a saucepan, bring to a boil, and stir until combined. Take off heat and set aside to cool.
3. In a cocktail shaker, combine 3/4 oz. simple syrup, lemon juice, matcha powder, and vodka. Fill the shaker with ice, and shake vigorously. Avoid any clumps in the matcha powder.


To be honest, I really just wrote this post to show off my new copper cocktail set :)

3. Pour into the prepared glass, straining out the ice. Serve with a lemon slice and enjoy! 






No comments :

Post a Comment