Pages



7.25.2014

Nightstand Facelift - Ikea Hack

A couple of years ago I bought a cheap nightstand at Ikea. We were still in that "college broke" stage and so I was looking for cheap and creative ways to decorate our apartment. 

It looked similar to this but without the legs...



That was when my love affair with refurbishing furniture started. I had big dreams for the $30 pine piece. I took on the task of staining and painting it. I had hoped to add some cute knobs too, but things got busy and I never got around to replacing the knobs. 

I'm glad I didn't because I've changed the decor in our bedroom since then and so I recently decided to give the nightstand a bit of a "facelift." I repainted the drawers with Moody Blue by Sherman Williams to match the color of the dresser that I refinished last year and then I ordered some knobs from Etsy. 

Here is a before picture of the drawers with the original color and knobs.

 
And here are the after pictures of the new color and new knobs!




Sometimes you just need to give your existing furniture a quick facelift to bring a room together. Loving the finished product!

For more of my decorating inspiration follow me on Pinterest And leave any of your furniture facelift success stories or tips in the comments below!

No comments :

Post a Comment